In order to get a Windows 2012 template working in a VMware vCloud cloudspace, there are a few additional steps required. This is due to a bug in vCloud between Windows 2012 and the network drivers, as detailed in this VMware article
To create a template that will not run into this issue:
- Login to your virtual data center (vDC) in vCloud.
- Go to Catalogs and select the Public catalog (i.e. “cons3rt_public_new” or "CEMS Community").
- Right click on the VM template called “template-windows-2012-x64” and add it “Add to MyCloud” (no need to power on).
- Select the “My Cloud” tab and wait for the Windows 2012 vApp to create.
- Click in to the vApp and right-click on the VM. Go to “Properties” and select the “Hardware Tab”.
- Scroll down to NICs, click “Add” and check the “Show Network Type” box.
- Select the designated CONS3RT network (e.g. “CONS3RTNetwork”) and choose “E1000” as the network type. A CONS3RT network” can be added if one does not already exist.
- Click OK and go back to My Cloud.
- Select the vApp and click “Add to Catalog”. Use: “template-windows-2012-x64-VDCNAME” for the template name.
Once these steps have been completed, contact our admin team so that we can register template-windows-2012-x64-VDCNAME for use.