Use the following steps to add a CAC or ECA certificate to your existing HmC account.
- Navigate to HmC
- When prompted, select the CAC or ECA certificate that you would like to associate.
- You should see an authentication error, but under that error there is an Account Assistance link.
- Click on Account Assistance
- Select the “I have a new certificate” option
- Follow the prompts to add your CAC or ECA certificate to your existing account. Be sure to use the email address associated to your existing HmC account.
Once completed, follow steps 1 and 2 above, and you be logged in to your existing account.
Still having trouble?
First, try closing and re-opening your browser to clear any prior certificate selections.
If that does not work, your existing account might be inactive if you have had more than 30 days of inactivity.
1. Follow these instructions to reactivate your account.
2. Once your account is reactivated, follow these steps above to add your new certificate.
If you are still having issues please try verifying that you have the proper root certificates installed the steps are in this article:
Note: Account reactivation request may require re-approval from a Government sponsor.